for Paddington commuters
PASSENGERS wishing to travel by rail to or from London this week are having to make alternative arrangments.
First Great Western and First Great Western Link is operating an amended timetable until at least Friday, with some extended journey times and alternative routes.
The line in this area is expected to remain closed during the week as emergency services continue to work at the site.
Ticket restrictions have been lifted for those customers who have bought Advance Purchase tickets.
Car park season tickets held by customers who normally travel from Newbury or Pewsey will be accepted at Swindon and Didcot Parkway stations.
West of England services are operating to and from London Paddington, but not calling at Newbury or Pewsey.
Newbury passengers will be transported by road to and from Didcot Parkway.
Pewsey customers will be conveyed by road transport to and from Swindon.
Service alterations include: * The diversion of services between London Paddington and Somerset, Devon and Cornwall via an alternative route.
* The cancellation of a number of services between Cardiff Central and London Paddington.
* Road transport to/from Pewsey, connecting with First Great Western services at Swindon. Journey times to/from Pewsey will be extended by around an hour. An additional service will depart Pewsey at 0645.
* Road transport will operate to/from Newbury, connecting with First Great Western services at Didcot Parkway. Many services will stop additionally at Didcot Parkway.
* Bedwyn, Hungerford and Kint-bury will have peak time train services to/from Newbury with road transport off-peak
* Road transport will connect Newbury with train services at Didcot Parkway
* Road transport will connect Thatcham, Midgham and Aldermaston with Newbury and Theale
* Train services between Theale and Reading
The timetable is available on First Great Western's website www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk or from National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.
For all other customer enquiries, contact customer.relations@gwt. firstgroup.com or call 0845 6005604.
First Great Western and First Great Western Link managing director Alison Forster said: "Our thoughts are with our customers and staff who were involved in Saturday's accident at Ufton Nervet in Berkshire.
"We would like to express condolences to the families of those customers and our driver who died in the incident.
"We are working with the emergency services to do all that we can to help deal with this situation and assist our customers and staff.
"We will be co-operating fully with the investigation."
The timetable is available on First Great Western's website www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk or from National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50. For other enquiries call 0845 6005604 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org